If you are familiar with the work of Garbage, and specifically that of their singer Shirley Manson, try and imagine her voice on a grindcore track. If Shirley being on a grind track is something that you would love to hear, then we have something real special to show you.
The HIRS Collective have released the self-titled track off their upcoming album – which is titled We’re Still Here – and it features none other than Shirley Manson. For those who do not know, The HIRS Collective is a grind and hardcore act who collaborate with a great range of musical artists from various genres. For example, the band’s upcoming record features members from My Chemical Romance, Full of Hell, Thou, The Body, Anti-Flag, Sunrot, and many more! And of course, there is Shirley from Garbage.
“We’re Still Here” is a ferocious sounding display of grindcore. On top of the already stellar presentation The HIRS Collective provide, Shirley’s vocal performance makes for a gripping addition to the song. You can check out the song for yourself below via the Bandcamp audio player. Also, you can pre-order We’re Still Here as of today via The HIRS Collective Bandcamp page (where you can also check out more of their music).
Speaking of grindcore, the other day we shared news of a very exciting tour taking place next year! Full of Hell will be hitting the road as part of a triple co-headlining tour. Below you can find all the dates and locations associated with that tour.
- 3/8 Brooklyn, NY – The Monarch
- 3/9 Philadelphia, PA – Underground Art
- 3/10 Columbus, OH – The King of Clubs
- 3/11 Detroit, MI – St. Andrew’s Hall
- 3/12 Chicago, IL – Metro
- 3/14 Denver, CO – The Gothic
- 3/15 Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex
- 3/17 Seattle, WA – El Corazon
- 3/18 Portland, OR – Hawthorne Theater
- 3/19 Sacramento, CA – Ace of Spades
- 3/20 Santa Ana, CA – The Observatory
- 3/21 Los Angeles, CA – 1720
- 3/22 Mesa, AZ – Nile Theater
- 3/24 Dallas, TX – Amplified Live
- 3/25 Austin, TX – Come and Take It Live
- 3/26 Houston, TX – Warehouse Live
- 3/28 Tampa, FL – The Orpheum
- 3/29 Atlanta, GA – The Masquerade (Heaven)
- 3/30 Greensboro, NC – Arizona Pete’s
- 3/31 Baltimore, MD – Baltimore Soundstage
- 4/1 Worcester, MA – The Palladium