Among the many online videos that Robert Fripp and Toyah have made, one song they covered is that of Slipknot‘s “Psychosocial.” Throughout the pandemic, Fripp and his wife have uploaded a plethora of videos that feature them covering different songs.
A couple weeks ago, the couple decided to cover “Psychosocial,” and wow it sure is something else compared to the original version. The song is part of Slipknot’s 2008 studio album, All Hope Is Gone.
As part of their performance, Robert wears a mask that looks very similar to that of Corey Taylor’s mask (from around that era in Slipknot). Robert plays guitar while Toyah does the singing.
Compared to the aggressive and metal presentation of that original cut, what Toyah and Robert have made here is surreal.
What are your thoughts on this cover? Do you think Robert and Toyah bring an interesting spin to the Slipknot song? In other Slipknot related news, did you happen to see the video that features Corey Taylor and Shawn “Clown” Crahan rocking out to their sons’ band Vended? Also, have you seen Sid Wilson‘s new mask and the decapitated robot head he brings on stage with him for live shows? Corey also recently spoke to rumors regarding a “Slipknot break-up.” Links to all these stories can be found below.
Also, while Slipknot are currently overseas touring with Vended and Jinjer, the band will be making their way back to the States for another run of shows soon! If you want to see Slipknot live, you can find their upcoming North American tour dates below.
- 9/20 – Nashville, TV – Bridgestone Arena
- 9/21 – Springfield, MO – Great Southern Bank Arena
- 9/23 – Louisville, KY – Louder Than Life
- 9/24 – Alpharetta, GA – Ameris Bank Amphitheatre
- 9/27 – Austin, TX – Germania Amphitheatre
- 9/28 – Dallas, TX – Dos Equis Pavilion
- 10/1 – Albuquerque, NM – Isleta Amphitheater
- 10/2 – Phoenix, AZ – Ak-Chin Pavilion
- 10/4 – Salt Lake City, UT – USANA Amphitheatre
- 10/6 – Sacramento, CA – Aftershock Festival
- 10/7- Irvine, CA – FivePoint Amphitheatre