During a conversation with Sophie K of Knotfest, Slipknot bassist Alessandro Venturella spoke to the band’s upcoming new record, THE END, SO FAR, sharing that it “takes you places.”
Sophie speaks to her excitement regarding the upcoming album, and asks Venturella what he can share to get us hyped for the new Slipknot album. The bassist ends up sharing how one might find themselves in a “Zen state” while listening to the record. This is all that Alessandro Venturella had to say:
“It’s a journey. I wouldn’t say we’re stuck with one bit and it’s just heavy. There is really heavy stuff, but also there’s a story behind it. And I think the way that the album we put together and pieced together… It tells a story.
“Sometimes you listen to an album and it’s just like heavy, heavy, heavy for five songs and there’s stuff at the end and it doesn’t kind of make sense. Whereas this is a good ole journey.
“It’s a musical journey, and you’ll get to the end, and you’ll feel a little bit of Zen at the end.”
He later goes on to share:
“It takes you places — places I think that the band haven’t been before — and it pops out the other end. And you’re in this, like, Zen state.”
How excited are you for THE END, SO FAR? At the time of this writing, the band have released three singles off the record: “The Chapeltown Rag,” “The Dying Song (Time to Sing)” and “Yen.” Below you can find the full interview involving Alessandro Venturella, as well as links to other Slipknot related stories.
If you want to see Slipknot live, you can find their upcoming North American tour dates below.
- 9/20 – Nashville, TV – Bridgestone Arena
- 9/21 – Springfield, MO – Great Southern Bank Arena
- 9/23 – Louisville, KY – Louder Than Life
- 9/24 – Alpharetta, GA – Ameris Bank Amphitheatre
- 9/27 – Austin, TX – Germania Amphitheatre
- 9/28 – Dallas, TX – Dos Equis Pavilion
- 10/1 – Albuquerque, NM – Isleta Amphitheater
- 10/2 – Phoenix, AZ – Ak-Chin Pavilion
- 10/4 – Salt Lake City, UT – USANA Amphitheatre
- 10/6 – Sacramento, CA – Aftershock Festival
- 10/7- Irvine, CA – FivePoint Amphitheatre