By now you have more than likely heard of the band Vended – an industrial nu metal act that features the son of Slipknot‘s Corey Taylor (Griffin Taylor), as well as that of Shawn “Clown” Crahan‘s son (Simon Crahan). Simon is on the drums and Griffin is on vocal duty. Since the band has emerged on the scene, they have been grinding away and performing a great amount of live shows.
The band is currently on tour as support for Slipknot, and during a recent show, some fan-captured footage caught a moment of Corey and Shawn rocking out to their sons’ band.
In the footage you will find below, you will see Vended performing live, but to the side of the stage, you will also see Corey and Shawn headbanging and moving to the music.
We love to see supportive dads (especially when they are metal legends championing the music of their children). You will find a couple videos featuring these proud metal dads below.
What are your thoughts on Vended? Have you checked out their EP What Is It/Kill It? While on tour together, Griffin actually came out on stage with his dad and performed a small portion of the Slipknot song “Custer.”
While Slipknot are currently overseas touring with Vended and Jinjer, the band will be making their way back to the States for another run of shows soon! If you want to see Slipknot live, you can find their upcoming North American tour dates below.
- 9/20 – Nashville, TV – Bridgestone Arena
- 9/21 – Springfield, MO – Great Southern Bank Arena
- 9/23 – Louisville, KY – Louder Than Life
- 9/24 – Alpharetta, GA – Ameris Bank Amphitheatre
- 9/27 – Austin, TX – Germania Amphitheatre
- 9/28 – Dallas, TX – Dos Equis Pavilion
- 10/1 – Albuquerque, NM – Isleta Amphitheater
- 10/2 – Phoenix, AZ – Ak-Chin Pavilion
- 10/4 – Salt Lake City, UT – USANA Amphitheatre
- 10/6 – Sacramento, CA – Aftershock Festival
- 10/7- Irvine, CA – FivePoint Amphitheatre