During a recent Slipknot concert (which took place on July 20th), Corey Taylor‘s son, Griffin Taylor, joined the band on stage for a performance. Slipknot are currently out on a headlining European tour, with Jinjer and Vended performing alongside the band as supporting acts. Some of you may already know this, but Vended is Griffin Taylor’s band.
While they share some sonic similarities with that of Slipknot, Vended have proven themselves to be an incredible force of industrial nu metal. The band also includes Simon Crahan (the son of Slipknot’s Shawn “Clown” Crahan). Vended have one EP under their belt, titled, What Is It/Kill It.
At one point during that July 20th concert, Slipknot perform their song “Custer” (which is a track off their 2014 studio album, .5: The Gray Chapter). In the video you will find below regarding this performance (near the 9:50 minute mark), Griffin comes right out on stage and screams alongside his dad. It is a super bad ass moment (and one hell of a way for father and son to bond).
Griffin Taylor joins Slipknot in performing “Custer”
What are your thoughts on Griffin’s band Vended? Have you listened to their latest EP, What Is It/Kill It? If you are interested in seeing Slipknot live, and you missed out on their previous major tour, there’s still a chance coming up! The band somewhat recently announced another run of North American shows (with this run kicking off in September). Below you will find all the dates and locations associated with that upcoming North American Slipknot tour.
- 9/20 – Nashville, TV – Bridgestone Arena
- 9/21 – Springfield, MO – Great Southern Bank Arena
- 9/23 – Louisville, KY – Louder Than Life
- 9/24 – Alpharetta, GA – Ameris Bank Amphitheatre
- 9/27 – Austin, TX – Germania Amphitheatre
- 9/28 – Dallas, TX – Dos Equis Pavilion
- 10/1 – Albuquerque, NM – Isleta Amphitheater
- 10/2 – Phoenix, AZ – Ak-Chin Pavilion
- 10/4 – Salt Lake City, UT – USANA Amphitheatre
- 10/6 – Sacramento, CA – Aftershock Festival
- 10/7- Irvine, CA – FivePoint Amphitheatre