We are excited to share with readers of The Pit a very special sweepstakes that features an iconic Sepultura album.
By signing up for The Pit’s newsletter here, you will have a chance to win a special 25th anniversary vinyl boxset of the Sepultura album Roots – and you’ll get a chance to discover awesome stories and a heads up when it comes to exclusive content (and future sweepstakes).
Retailed at $149.99, the Roots boxset contains the following items:
- 25th Anniversary deluxe edition featuring bonus demos, alternates rough mixes and more!
- Remastered for ultimate fidelity
- Includes a previously unreleased live at Ozzfest (Phoenix AZ 1996) performance found in the Warner vaults and exclusive to this box
- A custom spot-varnished hard box with 3 gatefold tip-on jackets and new custom artwork
- Includes exclusive embroidered patch and fold out poster exclusive to this box
Want to preorder the 25th anniversary 5LP boxset of Roots from Sepultura for yourself? You can purchase the bundle via this link here.
This sweepstakes ends June 15th and is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years old or older. Don’t miss out!
Roots is the sixth studio album to come from the band. At the time of this album’s release, that of Max Cavalera and Igor Cavalera were still in Sepultura. Roots was released in Europe on February 20th, 1996, and in the United States the following March. This is also the last Sepultura album to feature that of Max Cavalera, who formed the band in 1984 with his brother Igor.
Roots is considered by many fans one of the best albums (if not the best) from the band. Among the band’s whole studio discography, where does this album rank for you? What is your favorite song off of this album?
You can check out the music video for the record’s first single, “Roots Bloody Roots,” below: