When you are catching up on recent live performances – finding Muse covering a Slipknot song is not something you typically expect to run into.
Last weekend, while performing at the Isle Of Wight festival, the band were playing a brand new song of theirs titled “Will Of The People”; towards the end of that song though, they take on an instrumental shift that came as quite a surprise.
As “Will Of The People” comes to an end, you can hear a shift in the guitar tone – and something that is quite familiar to metalheads begins to play. In a brief jam sessions towards the end of their own song, Muse begin to play that of the Slipknot song “Duality.”
It makes for quite a surprise (and a pretty rad shout out to the nu metal act). If you want to see/hear Muse play “Duality” for yourself, check out the video below (you’ll want to jump to around the 4:30 mark).
Muse cover Slipknot song Duality
What do you make of the band’s brief cover? We would be down to hear a full version of “Duality” from Muse.
We wonder what the relationship is like between these guys and Slipknot today, given that Muse drummer Dominic Howard grabbed Corey Taylor‘s mask back in the day and later started poking fun at him. There is footage of Howard’s trolling of Taylor, and if you want to check that footage out for yourself, follow the link below.
In some other Slipknot related news, the band just announced a new tour! If you want to see the band live, check out the dates and locations associated with this new tour below.
- 9/20 – Nashville, TV – Bridgestone Arena
- 9/21 – Springfield, MO – Great Southern Bank Arena
- 9/23 – Louisville, KY – Louder Than Life
- 9/24 – Alpharetta, GA – Ameris Bank Amphitheatre
- 9/27 – Austin, TX – Germania Amphitheatre
- 9/28 – Dallas, TX – Dos Equis Pavilion
- 10/1 – Albuquerque, NM – Isleta Amphitheater
- 10/2 – Phoenix, AZ – Ak-Chin Pavilion
- 10/4 – Salt Lake City, UT – USANA Amphitheatre
- 10/6 – Sacramento, CA – Aftershock Festival
- 10/7- Irvine, CA – FivePoint Amphitheatre