Look, we get it: 2020 is basically over. Sure, we’ve got two weeks and a couple of major holidays left in which this cackling demon of a year can throw us curveballs and make us pray for the comet to finally come, but the idea of starting something new at this point in the year is a joke. Right now, all any of us want are best-of-2020 lists and New Year’s resolutions in which we pretend 2021 will be a bright new horizon (PFFF). But while we’re probably not the people to bring you the latter (did you not see the PFFF?), we’re always happy to bring you the former.
For this week’s episode of our heavy metal talk show Last Words, we decided to pull a Simpsons and give the people what they really want: a clip show! Today, you can watch hosts Jordan Olds (Two Minutes To Late Night), Katy Irizarry (Season Of Mist), and Doc Coyle (Bad Wolves/Ex Man Podcast) relive all of the best conversations, arguments, and overly-involved discussions about metal riffs that occupied your mind this year. Included in this video is a cornucopia of circuitous bullshit, including:
- Firm opinions about Cradle of Filth’s tea!
- Possible beef between Carcass and The Used over the use of the title Heartwork!
- Ben Weinman of Dillinger Escape Plan taking a shot at Periphery!
- The terrifying revelation that everyone in the room managed a Hot Topic!
- Jami Morgan of Code Orange waving a knife around!
- The Pit staff writer Chris Krovatin sweating at the thought of Mexican food!
- Kittie’s Morgan Lander dropping a steamer on predictable nu-metal bands!
- Doc verbally pleasuring Metallica!
- Spirit Adrift’s Nate Garrett dropping some knowledge about Dave Mustaine!
- Jordan straight-up laughing at Nikki Sixx!
And many more!
Check out the full episode below:
From all of us at The Pit — don’t bother us until January.