There’s nothing like a scented candle to make everyone around you wonder how many cats your really have. It seems like autumn is the time for scented candles, with every company pumping out their seasonal flavors (Pumpkin Butthole, Dead Leaf Breeze) and preparing for the holiday season (Peppermint Dick, Burning Church). But what if this year, you could make your house smell a little more like, we don’t know…Lemmy? Thankfully, in honor of the 40th anniversary of their classic album Ace of Spades, Motörhead have announced an obvious product tie-in: scented candles.
Motörhead have teamed up with the Evoke Candle Co. to create an Ace of Spades tribute candle. Emblazoned with the band’s spade logo and the line “Born to Lose, Live to Win,” the candle reportedly smells like whiskey, seemingly in the hopes of reminding users of the aroma that comes when Lemmy sidles up next to you at The Rainbow.
Evoke Candle Co. is pleased to announce our licensed Official Motörhead “Ace of Spades” candle, in time to help…
Posted by Evoke Candle Co. on Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Motörhead’s Ace of Spades candle is available for preorder.
Of course, if candles aren’t your bag, there’s always the Ace of Spades deluxe boxed set coming out this year, which contains a shitload of goodies, including:
- The Ace of Spades album, half-speed mastered and created from the original master tapes.
- Two double-live albums of previously unheard concerts from the Ace Up Your Sleeve tour.
- A Fistful Of Instrumentals: A 10” EP of previously unreleased, instrumental tracks from 1980.
- The Good, The Broke & The Ugly. A double album of B-sides, outtakes and rare tracks.
- Ace on Your Screens: A DVD compilation of rare TV appearances from 1980-81, a live concert from 1981 and a 5.1 audio mix of the original album.
- The Ace of Spades Story. A 40-page book telling the story of Ace of Spades through previously unpublished interviews with the people that were there. Includes never before seen photos and memorabilia.
- The Ace Up Your Sleeve tour programme
- The Motörhead Rock Commando comic.
- A set of 5 poker dice that can be played on the game board inside the box set lid.
- All encased in a classic Wild West dynamite box.
- A limited edition 7″ reproduction of the Dutch “Ace Of Spades,” with a previously unreleased instrumental version on Side B. (while stock last!)