It seems we’re not the only ones who are celebrating the release of Type O Negative’s classic album Bloody Kisses today (and getting turned on by it). That zany Gwarsenio Hall of Two Minutes to Late Night has brought together a solid crop of doom and noise musicians to pay tribute to the Brooklyn Sanitation Department’s finest by covering their classic track “Be My Druidess.”
Among the crew are Stephen Brodsky and J.R. Conners of Cave In, Lisa Mungo of Daughters and Fucked and Bound, Leanne Martz of Darling, and Dorthia Cottrell of Windhand, all jamming together on this ethereal rager. As you’ll see in the video, the real name of the game here is green, and everyone involved in the cover is being an excellent sport about going full verdant with their outfits and lighting options (one can imagine some of these guys at a novelty story buying green light bulbs, and casually explaining to the cashier, “Type O cover”). Overall, the video’s a little longer and more involved than some of Two Minutes‘ other covers, but they make up for that with some solid cut work and camera placement.
Check out “Be My Druidess” below:
And in case you missed them, check out some of Two Minutes’ other cover videos, including…
- The Misfits – “Earth A.D.” – Members of My Chemical Romance, Hatebreed, Dillinger Escape Plan, and the E Street Band
- Rush, “Anthem” – Members of Mastodon, Coheed and Cambria, Tool, Primus
- Faith No More, “Everything Ruined”
- Bonnie Raitt, “Something to Talk About” in the style of G’N’R
- Bruce Springteen, “Candy’s Room” – Members of Slipknot, Royal Thunder
- Kate Bush, “Running Up” – Emma Ruth Rundle, members of YOB, Mastodon, OMG
- Guns N’ Roses, “Rocket Queen” – Members of Sleigh Bells, High On Fire, Poison the Well
- White Zombie, “Super Charger Heaven” – Members of Converge, Fit For An Autopsy
And make sure to donate to the show’s Patreon so they can keep making these incredible cover videos!