We gotta hand it to those Two Minutes To Late Night fellas–they’ve spent their quarantine wisely. Rather than sit around trying out new corpsepaint patterns, Gwarsenio Hall and the crew have enlisted some of rock and metal’s biggest names to help them cover some of music’s greatest hits. But while getting members of Tool, Mastodon, and Coheed and Cambria to perform Rush was awesome, and convincing dudes from Converge and Fit For An Autopsy to play White Zombie was fucking rad, their new video might just be the greatest thing they’ve ever done.
In their latest video, the Two Minutes crew performs a cover of the Misfits classic “Earth A.D.”. On the track are Hatebreed’s Jamey Jasta, the Dillinger Escape Plan’s Ben Weinman, My Chemical Romance’s Frank Iero, and none other than Bruce Springsteen/Conan O’Brien drummer Max Weinberg. And yes, for all those Slipknot fans out there, that is drummer Jay Weinberg’s dad we’re talking about.
Basically, this video is one Situation short of being the most New Jersey thing that’s ever existed. It’s pure madness, and we can’t stop watching it.
Check out this amazing cover below. Extra props go to Weinman for his Doyle outfit.
In case you missed them, check out some of Two Minutes’ other cover videos, including…
- Rush, “Anthem” – Members of Mastodon, Coheed and Cambria, Tool, Primus
- Faith No More, “Everything Ruined”
- Bonnie Raitt, “Something to Talk About” in the style of G’N’R
- Bruce Springteen, “Candy’s Room” – Members of Slipknot, Royal Thunder
- Kate Bush, “Running Up” – Emma Ruth Rundle, members of YOB, Mastodon, OMG
- Guns N’ Roses, “Rocket Queen” – Members of Sleigh Bells, High On Fire, Poison the Well
- White Zombie, “Super Charger Heaven” – Members of Converge, Fit For An Autopsy
And make sure to donate to the show’s Patreon so they can keep making these incredible cover videos!
Words by Chris Krovatin